By Carter B. Horsley
This 20-story, white brick building offers
many corner windows because of recessed bays on both the avenue
and the sidestreet and two setbacks on the top five floors.
Built in 1957, the 195-unit building was converted
to a cooperative in 1984.
Although the building is only a block away
from the downtown entrance to the FDR Drive at 79th Street, its
location is quiet and elegant at the base of East End Avenue.
It has an attractive and spacious lobby and
apartments on the upper floors have interesting views.
The area is popular with families because of
its proximity to Carl Schurz Park several blocks to the north
and to some of the citys best schools such as Chapin and