brown-brick, neo-Renaissance apartment
building at 14 East 90th Street was erected in 1928 and designed by J.
E. R. Carpenter whose other
buildings on the Upper East Side include 810, 907, 988, 1030, 1070,
and 1165 Fifth Avenue and 580, 625, 640, 655, 812 and 950 Park Avenue.
The building has a
canopied entrance, a three-step-down
lobby, a gym, a children's playroom, a mini-basketball court, caged
sidewalk landscaping, but no garage and not bicycle room and no
is just to the east of the Church of the Heavenly Rest
and the Trevor
and down the block from the
large garden of the Cooper-Hewett Museum of Design.
Its Carnegie Hill
neighborhood abounds in private schools
12 story, brown brick building has 50 cooperative
apartments, quoins, protruding air-conditioners and a doorman.