By Carter B. Horsley
A typical Park Avenue apartment
building of its era, this 16-story building was completed in 1928
and designed by Schwartz & Gross, one of the most prolific
designers of luxury apartment buildings of the period. The firm's
other Park Avenue buildings include 470,
525, 885, 888, 910, 911, 930, 941, 983, 1095, 1125 and 1165.
The red-brick building was
converted to a cooperative in 1951 and has 70 apartments.
Its location is at the heart
of the Carnegie Hill neighborhood. It is close to numerous religious
and cultural institutions and private schools and there is good
public transportation and shopping. It has a canopied entrance
with a doorman and sidewalk landscaping, but no garage and no