By Carter B. Horsley
This very attractive apartment house is in
a prime Carnegie Hill location across the avenue from the very
handsome Brick Presbyterian Church and just up from the large
Louise Nevelson sculpture in the middle of the avenue near the
crest of Carnegie Hill.
Erected in 1925, this 15-story building was
converted to a cooperative in 1979 and has 57 apartments.
The building was developed by the Bricken Construction
Company, whose owners initially occupied the penthouse. The building
was designed by Schwartz & Gross, whose other Park Avenue
buildings include 470, 525, 885, 888, 910, 911, 930, 941, 970,
983, 1045, 1070 and 1125.
The neighborhood here is one of the most desirable
in the city with many fine schools and cultural institutions.
The red-brick building has a doorman, an attractive
cornice and quoins and inconsistent fenestration. It has no garage.