By Carter B. Horsley
This very attractive, 15-story building was
erected as a cooperative in 1925 and was developed by Starrett
Brothers and designed by F. H. Dewey & Company.
The light-beige brick building, which has a
two-story limestone base, has 25 apartments, many with large entertaining
rooms. The building has a very impressive lobby and a canopied
entrance with attractive bronze doors. It has limestone quoins
that extend one floor short of the top of the building and some
balconies. It has no garage and no health club and permits protruding
Its location is superb and very convenient
to the midtown office district as well as many fashionable boutiques
and restaurants in the area as well as clubs and religious institutions
and public transportation.