By Carter B. Horsley
This attractive beige-brick
apartment building at 467 Central Park West was designed by Gronenberg
& Leachtag in 1928 and converted to a condominium in 1993
by the Ziegelman organization that then called it The Warner.
The 17-story building, which
is on the southwest corner at 107th Street, has 99 apartments.
It has a doorman, sidewalk landscaping, some decorative balconies
and terracotta decoration, a courtyard, a bicycle room, storage
space and a small cornice. The building has a two-story base with
large quoins and above it are more delicate quoins. The building
has a two-story entrance surround.
The building, which is also
known as 2 West 107th Street, is pet-friendly and overlooks Central
Park. It has three arched windows with Ionic columns above its
canopied entrance. There are subway stations at 110th Street on
Central Park West and Broadway.
Other buildings designed by
Groenberg & Leachtag include the hotel property on the west
side of Seventh Avenue between 55th and 56th Streets, 1230 and
1235 Park Avenue, 639 West End Avenue, 50 Riverside Drive, 124
West 79th Street and 130 and 315 West 86th Street.