This handsome apartment
building at 677 West End Avenue was erected in 1926 and converted
to a cooperative in 1982.
The buff-colored-brick, 16-story building,
which has a shallow interior court that opens to the south, has
61 apartments. It is also known as 300-304 West 93rd Street.
It was designed by Leo F. Kunst for the Dominion
The building, which has three stringcourses
and a few decorative balconies to enliven its facades, has a step-up
lobby and consistent and original fenestration. It permits protruding
air-conditioners and has no doorman, no concierge, no landscaping,
no garage and no sundeck. The lanterns flanking the entrance are
not original. The building was built on the site of four brick-faced
rowhouses of five stories each.
It is in a very attractive stretch of West
End Avenue and is only a block to the east from Riverside Park
and a block to the west from convenient neighborhood shopping
along Broadway. Cross-town bus service and a subway station are
at 96th Street and Broadway.