This pleasant, Italian Renaissance-palazzo-style
building was erected in 1923 and converted to a cooperative in
1979. It has 103 apartments.
It has a nice copper cornice
and a two-story, rusticated limestone base and the two top floors
have attractive terracotta window reveals and there are balustraded
balconies on the next to the top floor. The 15-story building
has a canopied entrance with the letters "R" and "C"
incised above it. Nice lanterns flank the entrance. The building
has a concierge but no sidewalk landscaping.
The building's facade has
protruding air-conditioners and consistent fenestration. The building
has no garage.
This is a quiet stretch
of West End Avenue that is convenient to public transportation
and one block from Riverside Park. Neighborhood shopping is convenient
and steadily improving as high-end retailers continue to advance