By Carter B. Horsley
This attractive Italian
Renaissance-palazzo-style building was erected in 1910 and converted
to a cooperative in 1987. It has 60 apartments.
The white-brick, 15-story
building has a two-story limestone base with a canopied, arched-two-story-high
entrance, and sidewalk landscaping.
The building, which has
a large cornice on the avenue but not on the sidestreet, has sidewalk
landscaping. The building permits protruding air-conditioners
and has consistent fenestration. It has no garage.
This is a very attractive
and quiet stretch of West End Avenue and is convenient to public
transportation and one block from Riverside Park. Neighborhood
shopping is convenient and steadily improving as high-end retailers
continue to advance up Broadway.