By Carter B. Horsley
This 15-story apartment building
at 595 West End Avenue was erected in 1929 and designed by Sugarman,
Hess & Berger.
It had 60 apartments but many
were combined when it was converted to a condominium in 2008.
The building has a one-story
rusticated base and its second story is mostly white stone and
the third story has four arched decorative window surrounds above
the building's entrance. Above the fourth floor is an unusual
bandcourse with balustrades beneath the windows.
The building has a slightly
curved roofline in its center and consistent fenestration with
protruding air-conditioners. It has a one-step-entrance and wall
lights flank its canopied entrance. The building has a doorman.
It is convenient to public
transportation and only a block away from Riverside Park. Its
interiors were designed by Sean Johnson in 2005 and Harry Meltzer
was the architect for the conversion.