By Carter B. Horsley
This handsome, 15-story building has a nicely
landscaped entrance and very attractive and spacious lobby.
The red-brick building was erected in 1951
and converted to a cooperative in 1980.
The building has 182 apartments with large
and well-designed layouts, some with terraces.
It is very close to Carl Schurz Park as well
as some of the citys finest private schools and East End
Avenue is one of the citys most quiet, all features that
have drawn many families to the area despite rather inconvenient
The building, which has a landscaped, canopied,
recessed entrance, is notable for its use of bright green mullions
combined with bright green panels between some windows that give
the building a strong banding effect modulated by some white-brick
mullions. The use of the green panels is an unusual instance in
the city of strong color being used in a large residential building
and it is quite effective, indeed, rather "cooling"
This is a quiet neighborhood but it is far
from public transportation.