By Carter B. Horsley
This pleasant 16-story building
was erected in 1928 and converted to a cooperative in 1970. The
building has 108 apartments.
The beige-brick building has
an Italian Renaissance palazzo-style facade with terracotta swags
on the first floor, two bandcourses and some decorative window
reveals. The entrance has very nice bronze doors that lead into
a nice, L-shaped lobby.
The building has a doorman
and a concierge and sidewalk landscaping. It has consistent fenestration
and permits protruding air-conditioners.
This neighborhood offers convenient
public transportation at 86th Street and excellent shopping as
well as many interesting restaurants. Riverside Park is one block